Ask more questions
As coaches one of our our biggest gifts is that we listen, actively.
What this looks like:
- We pay attention
- We don’t listen with the intent to respond…we listen with the intent to understand.
How do our clients know that we are listening to them?
We encourage our clients to continue speaking with verbal cues, like yes, and our body language is fully engaged.
And then we provide feedback with encouragement…
- We ask questions
- Reflect by repeating back what has been said in our own words
- And offer guidance or suggestions to help them move forward
- Give space and allow our clients to finish their thoughts.
- We are respectful, honest and assert our opinions in a constructive manner.